#31 yasan39

yasan39

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local Club: autolanka.com

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

Didn't know where to mention this but if anyone near me has an Spi, 91 to 96, and has problems with it and suspects it is a sensor, I have a code reader/reset and will always test the ECU,(free) if you PM me. I use it on our Race Minis.

hi
Can u tell met the best cord reader for rover mini 1.3i spi

good day to you

#32 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:22 PM

just an update - for anyone interested, the "Datacheck" model "200" will NOT work on SPIs - even though it has a correct cable. The ECU is too old for it, unfortunately.

#33 Racing Gold

Racing Gold

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Local Club: Solent Mini Club

Posted 17 November 2008 - 06:20 PM

hi am yasan can you help me with code reader

this is my e-mail [email protected]

good day to you

Didn't know where to mention this but if anyone near me has an Spi, 91 to 96, and has problems with it and suspects it is a sensor, I have a code reader/reset and will always test the ECU,(free) if you PM me. I use it on our Race Minis.

Hi, I apologise profusely for not replying, to you and others. I changed my computer at the beginning of the year and afterwards, I could not get on TMF. Would not accept my username/password. This w/end I have eventually got around it, having the time as the Race season has just finished, however I am now 'Racing Gold' and no longer 'the old git'. My Code reader is a Sykes Pickavent Model No 300550. The pod to fit it which covers the Spi is 300565 Rover (1). I paid £180 for mine about 5 years ago with about 6 pods to cover Ford, GM as well as rover. Make sure you get the lead that goes with it.

#34 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 21 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

Just to bump this thread... just got a Crypton ACT 1 myself for doing the SPi

Again, anyone in the Leeds area is welcome to come along once I've got the hang of it on my own car! lol

:D

#35 Bristolmini

Bristolmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Local Club: Northavon Mini Drivers

Posted 28 December 2008 - 04:01 AM

Should add here again I have a crypton code reader in the south wes, email me if you need to use it anywhere near Bristol and i am sure we can sort something out.

Best to email me: [email protected] at the moment

Darren

#36 mrsam

mrsam

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:34 PM

Anyone In Or Around Kent Have A Code Reader P.M Me Please.

Thank You

#37 96 Vert

96 Vert

Learner Driver

• Just Joined
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local Club: been there done that

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Im trying to understand the ACR compatibilities. Can the S&P ACR 3 reader work with the ACR 4 pods?

thanks
JZ

#38 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

Im trying to understand the ACR compatibilities. Can the S&P ACR 3 reader work with the ACR 4 pods?

thanks
JZ

The ACR2 is the older version of the ACR that only displays 2 lines of information compared to the 4 lines with the ACR4. For EFI Minis Rover Pod version 3 will work with the ACR 2 on both Spi and MPi cars with the correct cable.

I don't believe thet the ACR2 allows the downloading of saved screens to a computer, but that would need to be verified.

#39 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:16 PM

Going to bump this thread, sorry. :)

As being one of the few people over the pond that has an ACT, I unfortunately do NOT have the cabled needed. (Don't have the power nor the data cable). At one point someone sent me a little wiring schematic for the data cable, however i was unable to get it to work, I believe because I wasn't aware how the power side of it connects up.

That being said, if anyone would like a pint purchased for them, I'd appreciate being able to borrow JUST the CABLES for the ACT1. I'll cover post to and back, and give a little something extra for your troubles.

Highly appreciate it, thanks!
Mike.

#40 andatche

andatche

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:28 AM

I'm in Sheffield and also have an ACT1 and the required cables & flash card to read an SPI. I'm quite happy to let anyone use it should they wish, just drop me a PM.

#41 garrymacmini

garrymacmini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:06 AM

Anyone in East Yorks or thereabouts got a code reader, I have tried two ex Rover dealers ripped of by one and fobbed of by the other! I am having real problems with mine and would like to reset the ECU.

it's a 94 Spi.

Edited by garrymacmini, 29 January 2010 - 11:07 AM.

#42 l_bratch

l_bratch

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

I've currently got an ACR4 reader with pods for both SPI and MPI on the way from eBay, so if anybody needs to use it they're more than welcome.

I'll be living in Exeter until June, then moving back to Jersey.

#43 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 11:55 PM

Although not free ( i am trying to run a business!)... i am able to do diagnostic work on the spi and mpi range... (including airbag on the mpi)
Diagnostic session includes a lot more than just a 'code reading'... :P

drop a line if interested..

Cheers,
Dave

#44 cooperkelly

cooperkelly

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:00 AM

Although not free ( i am trying to run a business!)... i am able to do diagnostic work on the spi and mpi range... (including airbag on the mpi)
Diagnostic session includes a lot more than just a 'code reading'... :)

drop a line if interested..

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave, I think my boyfriend contacted you on your facebook page last week ref the above...
Please let us know how much for a diagnostic session, and what's involved!
Thanks!
Kelly

#45 blackbelt1990

blackbelt1990

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,605 posts
  • Local Club: Minimus Maximus

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

EDIT: mines all fixed again now :trooper:

Edited by blackbelt1990, 19 April 2010 - 08:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users