171 replies to this topic

#46 buster833

buster833

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

Didn't know where to mention this but if anyone near me has an Spi, 91 to 96, and has problems with it and suspects it is a sensor, I have a code reader/reset and will always test the ECU,(free) if you PM me. I use it on our Race Minis.

Hi,
Iam having problems with my spi over fueling. I have changed the temp sesor sender unit but it has made no difference, I would be very grateful if you could test the ecu and reset it.

regards
graeme

#47 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:18 PM

If anyone's in the US - I finally got all the parts I needed for mine - willing to loan it out as needed. PM me. :-

#48 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:22 PM

hi everyone, im tryin to get hold of a code reader, what is it that the SPi uses all i can find is OBD for the MPi, so if anyone knows what the SPi is or what the code reader is called it would be a great help :thumbsup:

thanks jack

Edited by RayBoogs, 12 May 2010 - 03:22 PM.

#49 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Jan 24 2008, 11:10 AM Post #24

Here is the info for SP ACR
Part Number:Product Name Price
30055400: ACR4 Code Reader £435.56
30214000: Rover 16 Pin Harness Mpi £75.00
30350800: Rover Pod £92.99
30211600: Rover Harness Spi £55.42

Prices are new prices. Other older pods will work on just SPi and older cables will work on MPi also.
These show up on eBay on a regular basis.

This post is from a few years ago in this thread.

#50 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 05:30 PM

thanks!

must of missed that bit woops :thumbsup:

#51 SadamPl

SadamPl

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hi,

can anyone tell me if the Rover pod 4 does cover the SPI Minis?

Thanks,

Adam

#52 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

It does yes. and the MPi ones...

#53 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:32 AM

Hey all, had a few people ask me over here in the states, and I wasn't all sure -

What are functional differences between the ACR4 and the Crypton ACT2? i.e. Can the ACT2 (or ACR4) pull/do anything the other can't?

Cheers,
Mike.

#54 l_bratch

l_bratch

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 12:36 AM

My understanding is that the ACR4 cannot tune the stepper motor in SPIs, but the ACT2 can. Annoyingly, I bought an ACR4.

#55 tmsmini

tmsmini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: MOASF

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:18 PM

I would be surprised that an ACR4 with the correct pod cannot adjust the stepper on an SPi. I do not have direct experience with the SPi, but it does adjust the stepper on MPi.
Terry
Edit: it looks like you may be correct as there appears to have been a change in 93 from open loop to closed loop on the SPi. Some adjustments are not possible in the closed loop systems.

http://www.tmsmini.c...ic_30056500.pdf

Someone with more specific SPi knowledge needs to verify that though.

Edited by tmsmini, 20 August 2010 - 05:31 PM.

#56 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:20 PM

I'm surprised too - give the price difference between the ACR4 (and its needed items) and the ACT2 (and its needed items), I would have figured the ACR4 had *more* functionality, but.. what do I know. :(

#57 l_bratch

l_bratch

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

Sorry, I did mean to say that '93 onwards SPIs don't seem to be adjustable with the ACR4 - at least with Rover Pod 1 (300565). If anybody knows otherwise, I'd be interested to know.

#58 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 12:47 AM

On a side note, regarding stepper motor adjustment on the ACT2 - It DOES require the engine to be warmed up first, correct? I haven't used it in a while, and my temp sender's toast. I can't get it to pass the waiting for engine to warm up stage..

Cheers,
-Mike.

#59 icklemini

icklemini

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,982 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 11:53 AM

The ACR4 *does* adjust the stepper - i used one for years and it worked a treat... though you have to use the right pod... Rover 3 IIRC.

ACT will do the same job as the ACR4 for the SPi... not sure on the functionality of the ACT on MPis.
Though both are now EOL products... there seems to be more pods and harnesses available for the ACR than the ACT.. so depends what you want out of your investment. if its only SPi minis then both tools will do the same job...

It DOES require the engine to be warmed up first, correct?

Correct - engine must be up to temperature..

I haven't used it in a while, and my temp sender's toast. I can't get it to pass the waiting for engine to warm up stage..

You will also then be experiencing other running issues... sort the temp sender out.. its quite a vital sensor on these... (it could also be a blockage in the pipework causing a low reading..

hth,
Dave

Edited by icklemini, 22 August 2010 - 11:55 AM.

#60 coyttl

coyttl

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

You will also then be experiencing other running issues... sort the temp sender out.. its quite a vital sensor on these... (it could also be a blockage in the pipework causing a low reading.

Yup, sure am. Serious issues at that. Gotta change out head gasket (re: my other post) and while at it am changing out O2 and water temp. Anxious to get the ACT2 plugged back in to finally get to the stepper motor, as the previous owner mucked it up.

Cheers,
Mike.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users