#16 MaximMini

MaximMini

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2022 - 05:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have finally installed a replacement (full with) wooden dashboard to my British Open SPI.

4LdP2Mx.jpg

The photo unfortunately is not the smartest but it was just too dark in the (home single) garage when I had finished my work.

The replacement dashboard is a used one which I made as good as I could. The instrument facia piece was too far gone to safe the wood so I had a go with some left over spray paint.

Since I have no radio in the Mini and do not intend to install one, I made up a little front plate in a similar shape to the instrument facia piece which is housing the led for the ROVER alarm, the headlight levelling switch, the volume knob of the Bluetooth receiver and a double USB outlet. and then got it sprayed in the same spray paint.

QryHtyO.jpg

The main motivation for replacing the dashboard was to get rid of all the squeaks and rattles which meant that before actually installing the replacement dash board I rewrapped the wiring loom where required (using the correct wrapping tape) and fixed everything using several cable ties.

Now I'm waiting for some dry weather to see if my efforts have been worthwhile.

Cheers from the Pied Piper's Town

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users