#1 nickwassa

nickwassa

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 May 2022 - 09:12 AM

Hi All!

I’ve got a Mini 35 which runs a 1275 with a HIF38 carb. I was thinking about upgrading it to a 44 to then have some more options when I buy a stage 2 kit. What are your thoughts on this? Do I need to upgrade the carb/will it help? Also is there anything else that needs to be changed as well (Pipework etc.) or is it a straight swap? Obviously filter/air box would need to change

Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

#2 Turbo Phil

Turbo Phil

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Local Club: Cumbria Classic Mini Club

Posted 15 May 2022 - 03:31 PM

You’ll only need the larger carb if you intend on increasing power output. The 38 will flow enough to support around 65bhp before it becomes restrictive.

Phil.

#3 nickwassa

nickwassa

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 02:34 PM

You’ll only need the larger carb if you intend on increasing power output. The 38 will flow enough to support around 65bhp before it becomes restrictive.

Phil.

Thanks Phil. So as you say if I was wanting to fit a stage 2 kit it would be ideal to fit the HIF44 as I'd assume I'd be going over 65bhp?

Also, are you aware of any other components which would need to be changed to accommodate the HIF44? It seems like all the same plumbing as the 38 but not sure if I'm missing anything.

#4 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,944 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 16 May 2022 - 03:15 PM

Phil.

Thanks Phil. So as you say if I was wanting to fit a stage 2 kit it would be ideal to fit the HIF44 as I'd assume I'd be going over 65bhp?

Also, are you aware of any other components which would need to be changed to accommodate the HIF44? It seems like all the same plumbing as the 38 but not sure if I'm missing anything.

Unlikely you will need a 44. But you will not know until you set it up on the rollers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users