3 replies to this topic

#1 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 September 2022 - 09:07 PM

Hi, I'm trying to pinpoint the cause of an occasional hesitation in throttle response at various speeds and when the engine is both hot and cold. 95 SPI Cooper.

My electrical skills aren't great. I have attached a screenshot of readings from an Android mems app.

I understand that the lambda sensor should be fluctuating but the reading seems to be a constant value. I'm not even sure whether it's registering on the graph? The 'gridview' suggests around 500mV. Is this a possible issue that I need to look further into?

Many thanks

Attached Files

Edited by MatthewsDad, 09 September 2022 - 09:09 PM.

#2 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:02 AM

Hi I've been working on other things and just come back to this problem, so just a bump to see whether anyone might be able to help.
Cheers

#3 Nial

Nial

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:21 AM

I presume it's a narrowband lambda sensor, so it just tells you whether you're leaner or richer than stoichiometric and the output toggles 

between two states as you cross it. (I think, I've never looked at one in real life).

Have you seen any change in the input value?

#4 MatthewsDad

MatthewsDad

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 07:46 AM

I presume it's a narrowband lambda sensor, so it just tells you whether you're leaner or richer than stoichiometric and the output toggles
between two states as you cross it. (I think, I've never looked at one in real life).

Have you seen any change in the input value?

I'm sorry I'm not sure whether sensor is narrow band but I can take a look at the input values over the weekend and report back. Thanks for responding

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)