Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Smith Temp Gauge Modification

electrical engine

  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldman1001

oldman1001

    Starting My Mini Up

  • Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Location: Texas

Posted Today, 02:47 PM

I have an 86 mini city with the 2 clock instrument panel. I am redoing the dash and am installing a Smith Temperature gauge. Do I have to use the probe on the smith gauge or can I use the current wire that runs to the 2 clock and plug that into the Smith gauge?

 

Thank for the help

David



#2 Yellow 850

Yellow 850

    Learner Driver

  • Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Location: Nuneaton

Posted Today, 02:57 PM

Depends if the gauge is electronic or capillary type.

If electronic you can use the existing wire but will need to change the sender to match the gauge.







Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, engine

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Baidu (1)