#3046 Mark Eagles

Mark Eagles

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2021 - 10:50 PM

Hello All,

Just bought a 1996 Mini Cooper and am looking for a recommendation for a good mechanic and someone to do some body work rust removal.

Thanks

Mark

#3047 Ol timer

Ol timer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 06:48 PM

I'm driving a 1973 Mk3

Attached Files

Edited by Ol timer, 06 September 2021 - 06:48 PM.

#3048 mini-mad-mark

mini-mad-mark

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • Local Club: northants wot no brakes

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:48 PM

I'm driving a 2006 Mini Cooper S GP, and yes I am the latest addition to this community. The engine bay of this car is clean, thanks to my dad. 

attachicon.gif 2006 Mini Cooper S GP.jpg

Hi there - you seem to have attached a picture of a BMW MINI Cooper S by mistake  :D

There are some folks on here with both types of MINI/mini but this forum is specifically for the Classic not the BMW  - I'm not a hater just indifferent to the BMW as I would be for any other modern car (eg Ford Focus etc etc )

You might get an answer to any queries you might post but likely be directed to the BMW MINI forum (think its called MINI2.com but sorry never looked at it due to my indifference as explained)

Regards

#3049 Red Riley

Red Riley

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: British Car Club of Charleston

Posted 07 September 2021 - 06:27 PM

This one. Kreacher is my 68 Riley Elf with D16Z6 Honda engine. Had him since about 2006. Been on the road with VTEC power since 2009. 'Alf is my cargo trailer built from a pile of spares that I started shortly after I first got Kreacher, and finished up just two years ago. 

AM-JKLUe1dhSHRo9hV7zANocOl0S9rP0uUXaq7M0

AM-JKLUwkfwKXet2fvSJ22EUsYId8OJpzKFGr-Vb AM-JKLUNN6C8DJoUSV5SGAtSCdFgi2VcWJYvXSYG

AM-JKLUDowWvZ3oh40x0am-u83fFsql067UwzxKu AM-JKLUvZV-zOyP5EMRm2aFtIv0sVoKdWyaSEAZC

AM-JKLWLyq8wxJLFu6lQRZY1sv_SH7T39yjktxaR AM-JKLUmHwVRGsFr3SfDe4kMTQrY1q_Gia_1gXkb

AM-JKLX44ZB2LUTIsiLZlOH7y_Ks4MUWC-AKINy5

#3050 Onewatt

Onewatt

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 09:15 PM

Hi all Live in Ottawa Ontario Canada.  I have for the past 25 years driven my 1977 Mini.  originally it came with a 998cc,  but I used the final to cut down the revs on high ways.  Next I got a Cooper head and through Mini Mania purchased the manifolds exhaust pipes upgrade.  Last year put in a 1275.  Must add I do not drive the car in our winters.  At the moment I need to replace the original Brack Master cylinder    Lockheed 3211-404c 70.  Tried a few years ago and put on a single stage but would like to have 2 stage again.  Original (mentioned Above) in too bad a snap.  Help, what can I replace it with out big problems?

#3051 id90288

id90288

Starting My Mini Up

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 07:15 AM

Hi All,

Decided to join up as revisiting my youth with the arrival of a 1982 project Mini City (my first car was a 1969 Mini 850 back in 1983 that took a couple of years to rebuild and it gained a 1300 engine in the process).

The new project arrived in my garage in a succession of boxes as everything has been stripped out (and I mean everything) , even the engine and gearbox arrived in bits.

It has been in bits for around 10 years and last MOT was in 2010.

I have had it just over a month and have been focusing on getting the engine and gearbox cleaned up, refurbed and rebuilt. 

It's only done 56K miles but I decided to deglaze the bores and fit new piston rings and big end bearings as it was stripped down anyway.

Engine and box are now reunited and the head rebuilt with new springs and valves lapped in.

Head going back on later today.

So right now I don't drive a mini would be the short answer to this topic :-)

Ian

Attached Files

#3052 rhidmogz

rhidmogz

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 06:44 PM

This one. Kreacher is my 68 Riley Elf with D16Z6 Honda engine. Had him since about 2006. Been on the road with VTEC power since 2009. 'Alf is my cargo trailer built from a pile of spares that I started shortly after I first got Kreacher, and finished up just two years ago. 

AM-JKLUe1dhSHRo9hV7zANocOl0S9rP0uUXaq7M0

AM-JKLUwkfwKXet2fvSJ22EUsYId8OJpzKFGr-Vb AM-JKLUNN6C8DJoUSV5SGAtSCdFgi2VcWJYvXSYG

AM-JKLUDowWvZ3oh40x0am-u83fFsql067UwzxKu AM-JKLUvZV-zOyP5EMRm2aFtIv0sVoKdWyaSEAZC

AM-JKLWLyq8wxJLFu6lQRZY1sv_SH7T39yjktxaR AM-JKLUmHwVRGsFr3SfDe4kMTQrY1q_Gia_1gXkb

AM-JKLX44ZB2LUTIsiLZlOH7y_Ks4MUWC-AKINy5

are they mx5 seats?

#3053 Red Riley

Red Riley

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: British Car Club of Charleston

Posted 13 May 2022 - 11:55 AM

are they mx5 seats?

Mazda Miata as they are called here in the colonies. Yes, yes they are. 

#3054 rhidmogz

rhidmogz

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 May 2022 - 07:20 PM

are they mx5 seats?

Mazda Miata as they are called here in the colonies. Yes, yes they are. 

they sit really nice in the car actually!!

#3055 Aly-g

Aly-g

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: Still looking

Posted 27 May 2022 - 09:58 PM

Hi All,

Decided to join up as revisiting my youth with the arrival of a 1982 project Mini City (my first car was a 1969 Mini 850 back in 1983 that took a couple of years to rebuild and it gained a 1300 engine in the process).

The new project arrived in my garage in a succession of boxes as everything has been stripped out (and I mean everything) , even the engine and gearbox arrived in bits.

It has been in bits for around 10 years and last MOT was in 2010.

I have had it just over a month and have been focusing on getting the engine and gearbox cleaned up, refurbed and rebuilt. 

It's only done 56K miles but I decided to deglaze the bores and fit new piston rings and big end bearings as it was stripped down anyway.

Engine and box are now reunited and the head rebuilt with new springs and valves lapped in.

Head going back on later today.

So right now I don't drive a mini would be the short answer to this topic :-)

Ian

Hi Ian , welcome to TMF , always nice to see a home mechanic, how is the car coming along ?

Allan

#3056 Spencer Cundy

Spencer Cundy

Starting My Mini Up

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: MOCQ

Posted 13 August 2022 - 10:06 PM

We have an Australian 1959 MKII Cooper S. Suspension Mods Twin 1.5" Carbs 3.1 Diff Long C branch Extractors

An Australian 1981 Moke California .One of the last Ozzie built ones. Suspension Mods 3,6 diff.

Swift tune Cam and followers and timing Kit .Hif 44 and Extractors Mini Spares 4 Pot Callipers.

Current project is a Leyland Van  built early 70'S Starting to rebuild Sub Frames/

#3057 MaxRPM

MaxRPM

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 03:03 PM

1967 Morris mini moke, completely standard and original. Having said that, the engine rebuild at the moment does include a 4 syndro magic wand gearbox upgrade but I think I can be excused that.
It is one of only 2 BMC display team mokes that are left and is recorded in several Magazine articles of the period and a subsequent book on the history of the mini.
Phil

#3058 Urbanjoke65

Urbanjoke65

Learner Driver

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2022 - 07:01 PM

I have R Reg Mini MPI 56k BRG all standard except cooling now controlled by switch in top hose. Bought as dead a non runner as it was in a garage several years asleep. Quite a bit done to get it going and obviously serviced etc. Also have R52 Cooper S 2005 supercharger with 15% reduction on pulley, modified air box not remapped but needs super unleaded to tick right. Finally Clubman Cooper D 2013 the one with 2 litre BMW engine for the Bulldog and trips to Espania.

#3059 SteadyEddie

SteadyEddie

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 January 2023 - 10:11 AM

Hello! I've got a 1971 pretend Cooper. Not originally one but it's got most of the bits and looks of the 90s one.

#3060 buttercup

buttercup

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 February 2023 - 03:49 PM

Hi all

Its a 1983/4 mini city - actually constructed april 1984 but still with the 10inch wheels. We have owned it since 1996 - we are buttercup's second owners. The first was a lady in east kent who used to just drive it a few miles every day for work. Hence its low mileage - 45k.

During the late 90's it was a second car/runabout. Then it failed an MOT and we didnt have the money or time  to undertake expensive repairs. Then circumstances changed in early 2000s and we hauled it out of the garag, MOT'd it and then had it resprayed, new sub frame, etc. 

From 2004 onwards we started running it on the London to Brighton events. It then became a cherished classic rather than a runabout.

We moved to the dordogne in 2014 and brought buttercup down with us. We did the journey - 500 miles

plus - in two days to avoid wear and tear on the mini - and us. Since then we have put it onto french registration, french MOT and taken it out and about on classic days down here. 

The speedo packed up the day we arrived here. I have now at last got round to replacing the cable, by removing radiator and fan. Just trying to connect the speedo cable to pinion drive....! Then it will be a bit of TLC before the spring classic season here. 

Would love to get it back to the UK to do another L2B

Buttercup is our sixth mini; we have had

1972 mini 850 tartan red

1976 mini 1000 sandy brown

1979 mini 1000 blaze orange

1980 mini 850 tahiti blue

1984 mini 1000 special (french) white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users