What Mini Do you Drive?

• Please log in to reply
3067 replies to this topic

#3016 APEXJMc

APEXJMc
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 04:06 PM

Did some browsing and this is a very impressive forum!  I'm in the US and just purchased a red 1961 Morris Mini De-Luxe that was upgraded with Cooper S parts, including 1275 motor with "...ported head, cam, high-speed valve springs, LCB header, free-flow exhaust and a 1 3/4" single SU carb...".  The work was done  "...at Mini-tuning place outside RAF Lakenheath, England..."    I'm hoping folks on the Forum can help me track down that tuner eventually.  The car was purchased by a US military officer and imported to the US in June 1986, where a additional upgrades were performed (twin tanks, front discs, roll bar, etc.) and LHD conversion was completed.  I have the early registration books, the original 850 motor plate, and some additional history from her time in England.  She's a great driver other than a sloppy shifter, but the plan is to go through the car and make sure she's fully roadworthy.  This is my 4th classic Mini - gotta love these cars!   

#3017 dai728

dai728

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

Hi

I'm Dave and i have a 1971 998cc Classic Mini - fully restored and in electric blue.

#3018 barfgray

barfgray

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:30 AM

We are in Auckland NZ and have a mk1 '65 850, very much original. I would like to make it more reliable and adding electronic ignition and possibly changing the polarity to negative earth. Also,what is an acceptable compression test reading in psi? I'm sure these topics have been discussed before. Does anyone have any advice on this matter?
Thanks
Bob

#3019 willythehippo

willythehippo

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2020 - 08:32 AM

I have recently bought a January 1981 LHD Mini 1000 in Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria. I am renovating it in Varna, Bulgaria.

It looks a lot better on these photos than it actually is but I'm sure all will be good in the end

#3020 dimmad83

dimmad83

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 December 2020 - 07:58 PM

Hello there,

I am Dimitris form Greece and a drive an 1993 Spi :-)  

My plans is to drive it all over Europe for starters :-) 

#3021 MaxPablo

MaxPablo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2020 - 06:28 PM

Purchased a 1991 Rover Mini Neon called Bobby a few months back. At 19 this is my first car, I'm trying to keep the legendary Mini alive with my small contribution and give it the care it deserves. Starting out by getting any structural rust that has accumulated over the last 30 years professionally sorted while I tend to any cosmetic spots myself (already got the wire brushes out).  

Already replaced CV Joints, break discs and pads, thermostat housing and set some new points for some reason (will definitely be going electronic next time). Loving every step. Exhaust splutter means I will be going for a stage one kit very soon. Buying old Smiths gauges on ebay where I can find them to restore and fit with a central binacle. 

Essentially looking to overhaul the entire car, fortunate to have the time and space. Excited for everything to come + Love the community behind these beautiful little cars. 

Max

#3022 Minsy1

Minsy1

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

I own a 1996 Mayfair, I’m only the 3rd owner from new. The 1st owner was an old lady who had it for 20 years, always having it serviced and keeping it garaged. The 2nd owner only had it for a year but never used it. It’s practically untouched with only 27,000 miles on the clock.

#3023 Larry84

Larry84

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:07 PM

Currently restoring a 1980 mini clubman estate, hopefully have it on the road for the summer months

#3024 kobra74

kobra74

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for the Ad...Hello from Connecticut !!!

I drive 1969 Morris Mini 998cc MK II (Orange/Black Top w/Sunroof)  imported from Greece in 2017.

Will have plenty of time to put a new suspension in this Fall...

Lock down cancelled all the car shows...

#3025 MelbCooper

MelbCooper

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 12:41 AM

1997 Mini Cooper, Japanese import with factory air-conditioning. Needs a little work on the paint, it had a roof rack with rubber cups that leeched into the white paint.

(Can't figure out how to upload an acceptable image!) https://imgur.com/wjyWNEa

#3026 Burnsey100

Burnsey100

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 10:11 AM

I have a Mini Mayfair 1988 1000 thats been rattle Canned :)

#3027 Roger 649

Roger 649

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 07:44 PM

I drive a 1963 1071 Austin Cooper S, it has a chequered history, first to Jersey, back to London in 1967, I bought it in 1990,wrecked Longman 970 engine having been raced

#3028 spi

spi

Just On Tickover

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 05:51 PM

Hi 

I have a 96 equinox in purple:).

Started to strip front suspension off sub-frame to replace and clean up.

#3029 Lionel

Lionel

Starting My Mini Up

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Owners' Club

Posted 20 April 2021 - 08:15 PM

Just bought a silver Rover mini 1999 (V reg). won't have it on the road for a few weeks though as it's being sorted by G C Minis in Kent.

#3030 StephoNicole

StephoNicole

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2021 - 01:36 AM

Hi there!

I've wanted a mini for as long as I can remember and I was finally in the position to get one.

Purchased my little cutie about 2 weeks ago. She's a 1275cc 1995 Rover Mini with the mods of a MK 1. I keep looking outside to confirm I'm not crazy and I do in fact own my very own mini! Right now the paint job is monotone and I'm thinking of doing something fun to the top. I'd like to make her my own without going to far out with it.

I'm happy to be part of this community. I'll be sharing updates as I go!

Steph

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)