53 replies to this topic

#46 minimental

minimental

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:32 PM

My mate says the worst car he has ever driven was a Toyota Yaris.

Admittedly he normally drives a 3.0L twin turbo supra but it had to go in the garage so Toyota gave him a Yaris to drive in the meantime doh!!

Hes says that his next car is going to be a porsche so that when they give him a courtesy car all they can give him is another porsche!!!

I have a yaris as a daily driver lovely to drive providing you dont go near roundabouts wet roads, dry roads, mildly moist roads. surprisingly good on gravel, mud, snow and wet grass.
i am being unfair really its very comfortable smooth the air conditioning is AMAZING the engine is responsive (all after 120k of hard work moving straw logs and car parts around the countrside) but the handling can only be described as evil it is amazingly unpredictable. although the worst thing i have ever driven has to be the tata tl i dont really know where to begin
Attached File  untitled.bmp   196.54K   8 downloads
had a 2l engine with unbeleivable turbo lag the example i drove was a year olt with 8k on the clock, it was rotten as a pear and on its third engine despite the looks its only 2wd so excessive wheelspin and understeer but with no weight in the back end would lose traction, i to this day couldnt work out if the footbrake actually served any purpose other than lighting up the brake lights, parts of the front suspension where reputed to be shared with the city rover and the back axle from an austi ambassador(or the indian version of it)
lovely!

#47 minimac

minimac

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:40 AM

Easily the Vauxhall Corsa, but the diesel was marginally better than the petrol :sneaky:

#48 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:01 AM

A suzuki SJ on the road. Steering wheel didnt have a whole lot to do with the direction of the car! often when going round a corner one could find him or herself on the other side of the road!

Fudgin magic off road though! going to buy a heap of one next year and take it to kent off road corse when ever i can.

Going to trailer it there and back though

#49 mkw

mkw

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 08:39 AM

One word.....Corsa!

#50 gavfoz

gavfoz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 09:31 AM

Fiat Cinquecento Sporting. You end up with a massive left leg from pushing the clutch pedal.
My old 53 plate Fiesta. It used to vibrate pretty bad at motorway speeds and towards the end bits used to randomly break (it did have 155k on it though and never broke down)

I was blessed with a Corsa (previous shape) that had a 3-cylinder sub 1000cc engine for a short while. I lived in hilly Yorkshire and it struggled like an asthmatic ant trying to drag a fridge. Not good.

#51 8vAlan

8vAlan

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Local Club: NENE Valley

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:02 AM

Landrover MEWP (cherry picker) handled like a bucket of water! TD5 motors quite pokey though!

transit connect - no feeling whatsoever although no matter what you threw it into you always come out the other side facing the right way!

#52 GottaDesigner

GottaDesigner

The Brains Behind TMF's Secret Santa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 01:03 PM

A Suzuki Ignis >< My first driving instructor's car.

Small, yes. Light, yes... so light in fact that it could be made to 'drift' by a butterfly passing it. It was also the most tinny, clanky car I've ever come across and had BOG ALL in way get-up-and-go.

#53 wolfys_mini

wolfys_mini

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts
  • Local Club: many!

Posted 14 December 2007 - 02:19 PM

hyundai coupe sIII 2 litre version

underpowered, bad views when driving, not good handling.

#54 Jupitus

Jupitus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts
  • Local Club: Breathemini

Posted 14 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

Chrysler Voyager Grand LE..... sloppy piece of rubbish!!

Sold ours after having it for about 3 months :sneaky:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users