#16 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:07 PM

just fill the mini up , squart some petrol on the hot exhaust , bang------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I can see my house from hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee thud.......bugger

#17 jimbo_edmondo

jimbo_edmondo

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

lol classic

#18 MINImiser

MINImiser

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Local Club: Runnin' AMOC

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:34 PM

I am getting the s/s 1.75" RC40 backbox(the non rolled tip type) and also getting rid of the intermediate silencer and replaceing it with a link pipe, Bill Richards says it should add a couple of BHP!!!!!!!!!

#19 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

[QUOTE]just fill the mini up , squart some petrol on the hot exhaust , bang[QUOTE]

not really what I had in mind! Just smooth the tip over with a bit of cloth/paper towel.. no effort needed, then just bin it!

For a handy quicker than metal polish fix, get a tube of scratch removing stuff and leave it in the car, then if your out and it look shitty, you can clean it off then and there! :(

#20 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

it's wrong to believe stainless systems wouldn't rot away... the internal stuff in your backbox is everything else then stainless... means you can't even see, when it's time to replace the system...

I cant remember exactly how long but I got a 5yr (at least) gaurentee with my backbox. I know Playmini is 20 years... more often than not the materials inside the backbox will not rot. It would be pointless to have a s/s rear box that rotted from the inside while you are unaware. I guess it would be sensible to replace it every 5 years or so... or with a s/s one just use something like redex to flush out the system.

but it's okay for the centre pipe (as long as you have a single box system

Yes I do, more noise, mwhaha, as its not a twin silencer!

TML

#21 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

Your should get a couple of extra horsepower, but you wont feel it. The sound may make you think you can though :grin:

If you can bear to wait, leave it for a while and put on the whole stage one kit in one go, then you'll really notice the performance hit

#22 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:14 PM

I am getting the s/s 1.75" RC40 backbox(the non rolled tip type) and also getting rid of the intermediate silencer and replaceing it with a link pipe, Bill Richards says it should add a couple of BHP!!!!!!!!!

yep that whats i have on my cooper single box but i have the rolled tip

#23 MINImiser

MINImiser

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Local Club: Runnin' AMOC

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:38 PM

Does it sound better than the stock one??

#24 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:44 PM

louder at low speed and not to bad at higher speed

I would buy one again :grin:

#25 Guest_falk_*

Guest_falk_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:18 PM

tml, i didn't want to say that your system would not work anymore when it's rot away inside... but i'm sure you might have noticed that it's getting louder over the years... and there is a eason for that... :cheese: no problem though if one likes it loud... :grin:

and for the stage one kit... always try to change exhaust side and inlet side at the same time if possible... it does not really make that much sense only to treat either the one side or only the other...

#26 MiniMoi

MiniMoi

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:33 PM

A large problem with rotting exhausts is, is that the people don't drive long enough to get all the moisture and damp out of the exhaust. The water you see coming out of the tailpipe. So when they drive it a bit and park it again for let's say a day or even two than it will rot from the inside out.

MiniMoi

#27 pimpedmini

pimpedmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:10 PM

I have a mate who for a living makes bull bars etc for a living so he made me a custom exhaust for my mini. I went for a twin centre exit with 2" slash cut tail pipes. Looks pretty good but i'm going to change it time and have a pipe made with a tailpipe coming out of either side of the car

#28 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 05:49 PM

Only had the exhaust for 3 months so I'll have to see

#29 austin68

austin68

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:00 PM

My mini came with a stage 1 kit fitted which I'm sure was a budget one. The exhaust is a single box 1.75" one which is a bit loud on motorways but the main problem is the external rust on the tail pipe. It now looks like a rag n bone man's wheel barrow. Get the best you can afford at the time.

Pete

#30 themanlegend

themanlegend

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:10 PM

Totally agree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users