Still working on this. Just been sorting out little bits and pieces so not really had much to show. Also with the death of my phone and digital camera I've not been able to take any pictures.
I swapped my rear wheels to my alloys. My alloys need a complete refurb but the off set makes them miss the rear coil springs so it doesn't sound like a 'dinosaur' anymore
Picture of my really shabby alloys. They will be stripped, repainted and have brand new tyres fitted.
About 1/2" clearance between the inside of the wheel and the coil spring.
I lowered the the car right down onto its bump stops. The frame is about 3" at its lowest point off the floor when on the bump stops. Not loads of clearance but its not exactly a monster truck. If the frame is made to be any higher than that, all that will happen is that the sump will smash into the floor instead. The engine can't go any higher or the drive shafts wouldn't line up and the engine wouldn't fit in the engine bay.
Might not looks loads but it does clear the floor. The bottom of the frame is level with the sump.
Did some body work to the rear of the car. Just little bits and pieces. Repaired round the filler neck hole, a small piece at the bottom of where the rear lights fit and bashed out and filled in some dents.
Fitted my rear lights and the rear wiring loom. Also put the tank in place to see where I need to put the new bracket for the strap to bolt to. The original was cut out with the boot floor when it was repaired.
Once I've sorted out some of the little niggly things on the back end that require a welder (wire retaining clips, tank strap bracket, a patch in the boot lid, battery earth cable mount, rear fog light mount and anything else that I come across) I will turn the car around and start on the front end.
I also swapped my front discs around so they are on the right sides now. I've also spent a little time in the evening machining new pistons for my brake callipers. I have the rarer ATE callipers so can't just buy replacement pistons. Stainless is a b**** to machine so has taken a while. They are part way done so don't bother saying 'just buy some lockheed ones'. I'll just finish rebuilding these callipers.