90 replies to this topic

#46 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 02:01 PM

Sorry for not updating much but we are always busy either with university stuff or with the mini. YOU WILL FIND DAILY UPDATES IN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE: NEBRIJA MINI N10. We would really appreciate if you guys "like" our page, as we are trying to get more founds from university to continue this amazing project.

Just a few more pics to show some news:

Our simple diffuser:
Posted Image

new xenon lights:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

new bonnet air vent:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

New position for the exhaust because of the diffuser:
Posted Image

Other news: we´ve just finished the new exterior design which will be done with vinyl. New wideband sensor will be integrated. View mods on the ECU have been done and more to come :) Still haven´t tested the car since the rebuild but here is a short vid of the engine alive:

Posted Image

HELP AND SUPPORT US VIA FACEBOOK :) Nebrija Mini N10

Edited by proyecton10, 17 January 2012 - 02:03 PM.

#47 Johanmini

Johanmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:40 AM

nice project, seems like lots of fun for you guys! Wish I could of done this stuff in my school time...maybe you should use a thicker chain, this one seems pretty small and if it brakes it will hit the clutch slave, this will break and there will be a gasket leak, which you can only replace by pulling the engine and split the cases...I know, I've been there and it's not pretty.

Is the B-King engine more torqy as the hayabusa, or is it pretty much the same? I can imagine a naked bike is more for brutal accelerating and not for the high speeds, so maybe it's an even better choice for the car setup.

#48 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:16 AM

That is a very good point and one of our concerns. We are using the std. 530 chain and would really like to upgrade this. What chain would you recommend on a tight budget? We had a chain guard for our safety in order to avoid a broken chain flying around the cockpit but didn´t thought about the clutch slave. IS there any way to protect it aswell?

Hayabusa and b-king are pretty much the same. We still haven´t push the car a lot as we´ve only had a few test days. Hopefully in the next 4 weeks we will be testing again.

Here is one of our latest videos:

Thanks a lot for you advice which is always welcome :)

More recent updates in our facebook page: NEBRIJA MINI N10

#49 Johanmini

Johanmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

This type of clutch slave is lots stronger, but will also damage from a broken chain. I don't think there is a proper way to keep the slave in one piece when the chain breaks, so just replace it and keep it greasy.

IMG_0042.jpg

http://www.theminifo..._1#entry2317223

This guy is using a 630, I have to go and check at home, not sure what i'm running, I ordered it at a local bike shop and it was the strongest possible according to this shop. i'm sure if Monte is running a 630 that's more than suitable for a standard B-king as well!!

I'm pretty sure if you push your car a little on accaleration, it will break in no time!

#50 Johanmini

Johanmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

I am using a 630 chain also! it looks solid like a rock...

#51 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:17 PM

Thank you for the advice, we will look into it. Does the 630 chain fit without any mods? or would it interfere with the clutch slave?

Anyone running a 530 chain maybe?? Our budget is quite tight and therefore we always look for the top priorities ;)

We are working on a 2pounds budget quickshifter (only upshiting) by cutting fuel and ignition. More about this soon...

Cheers

#52 Johanmini

Johanmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

Thank you for the advice, we will look into it. Does the 630 chain fit without any mods? or would it interfere with the clutch slave?

Anyone running a 530 chain maybe?? Our budget is quite tight and therefore we always look for the top priorities ;)

We are working on a 2pounds budget quickshifter (only upshiting) by cutting fuel and ignition. More about this soon...

Cheers

630 should fit I think, I don't use the original mounting bracket for the slave, but I guess you don't either, on the other hand, my pushrod is original so the distance is exactly the same as stock, and it doesn't interfere.

nice to see how you guys do stuff on a tight budget, it's always weighing what to do, you could try and run the 530 chain, as long as it stays in one part, that's the cheapest way, but if it breaks, you need a new chain, slave+pushrod and if you're unlucky like the former owner of my car, you'll need all the gaskets to crack the block open and close it once again in order to change the pushrod seal.
Or you fix it the budget way, which is glueing another seal against the block from the outside, but even than you'll need more parts as changing the chain as a precaution.

#53 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

Just a few pics for an update and more of your tips and tricks. Thanks Johan for those nice tips around the budget way ;) One way we will list all the different parts our Mini has as most of it came from the scrapyard. Anyone wants to guess were our gearstick came from? XD

We will do our first testings with the 530, gently on the clutch and the throttle. Later on we will see...

Now here is our dash taking shape...
Posted Image

Steering wheel boss on it´s way. Cad done and machining on monday hopefully
Posted Image

Fitting some window nets for safety and cooling ;) it gets really really hot in there!
Posted Image

We couldn´t finish our Naca duct for the intake so we fitted a snorkel for the moment
Posted Image

New GO-pro camara:
Posted Image

Annoying other students:
Posted Image

Testing some new Vinyl:
Posted Image

More new´s to come. Visiti us on Facebook for daily updates. Profile: NEBRIJA MINI NTEN or page NEBRIJA MINI N10

Cheers and hope to get some more comments from you guys;)

#54 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

We got a total weight of 496 kg (without windscreen, bucket seats and fire extinguisher). Front weight 43.9% and 56.1% in the rear. Power to weight ratio around 2.68kg/hp which is better than the latest Porsche GT3 RS. Ohh well we will have to work hard to get that power down. Hopefully test seasons will start soon to get the car set up.

What are your figures?

Cheers guys ;)

#55 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

few more pics ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers guys ;)

Edited by proyecton10, 28 January 2012 - 07:40 PM.

#56 Johanmini

Johanmini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

We got a total weight of 496 kg (without windscreen, bucket seats and fire extinguisher). Front weight 43.9% and 56.1% in the rear. Power to weight ratio around 2.68kg/hp which is better than the latest Porsche GT3 RS. Ohh well we will have to work hard to get that power down. Hopefully test seasons will start soon to get the car set up.

What are your figures?

Cheers guys ;)

I have 517 kg including fireextinguisher, bucketseats and windows, so that's about the same and my engine runs 550 cranck hp max, which is around 500 whp, but I drive it on pumpfuell at 8 psi boost at about 340 wheel hp, so that's about 1,52 kg per hp and at full boost it could do 1,034 kg per hp (0,94 when you count cranck hp). The target was 1/1, which was just not achieved, but I'm more tham happy. It's about a double Veyron, if you count like that...

The 340 hp is more than sufficient for a lot of fun, I don't sprint it, so I don't need the rest, but this kit was mounted because it was the right choice for the purpose and there is some spare hp, so I don' t drive it at it's limit.

Your project looks like lots of fun, enjoy!

Edited by Johanmini, 28 January 2012 - 08:54 PM.

#57 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

View more pics of the re-build so far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hopefully the car will be back on the track soon ;)

#58 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Looking good.

#59 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Hei guys, just a couple videos as an little update. We are now working on the handling using data acquisition systems for the engine and dynamics. A rear ARB will be fitted shortly. Any advice on that?

On this next video in the wet we had fitted our new LSD and understeer was increased. Maybe temporary until the diff gets a bit loosen??? Anyway we have decreased a bit pressure at the front and stiffen up the rear springs since then and the handling got a lot better. Still working on the slow corners handling and on the breaking which is still not balanced and there is little feedback to the driver in the pedal.

Best mod we tested is our new quickshifter system which cost us about two pounds, yes only two pounds! Therefore we used a simple switch in conjunction with ecueditor and it works brilliant for upshifting. Kill time set at 80ms at the moment. We will keep working on it as well.

Cheers guys ;)

#60 proyecton10

proyecton10

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

We´ve been out to the track twice last week and the Mini is flying. We had to change pads but other than that no issues.
Still working on geometry set up plus ARB.
Data logging is now helping us to improve. Some issues showed up when changing gears with now clutch at low rpm. Lifting the throttle a bit or flat at high rpm no problem... we need to check the quickshifter.
Working as well on a launch control system now.

Today we mounted a new "quickrack" in order to get around the tight bends quicker and make life easier to the driver when the back has a go. Videos and pictures will follow.

On friday we will be testing the Mini in a Go-kart circuit near Madrid, a real challenge as temperature will be high and the track is very very twisty.

Cheers guys ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users