#91 Pandora

Pandora

Cadwell Event organiser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Local Club: TMF Lincoln

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:53 PM

I love the fact you say road sleeper lol because im sure that people are going to know a mini is not ment to sound like that. Having said that i hope you make mince meat out of boy racers that try it on LOL Looks a great project. And i can be pretty sure you'll be grinning from here to "kingdom come" :thumbsup:

#92 welderman

welderman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:22 PM

So far then it's looking like 7K to 15k. Suppose though it's to your own personal spec. Can't wait to get this thing started, think i will finnish off the electrics and try and do the pulmbing tomorrow. It's a great feeling when your motor fires up. Remember when i built the Indy started it up with no headders on fire and lots of popping. :thumbsup:

#93 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 02:31 PM

So far then it's looking like 7K to 15k. Suppose though it's to your own personal spec. Can't wait to get this thing started, think i will finnish off the electrics and try and do the pulmbing tomorrow. It's a great feeling when your motor fires up. Remember when i built the Indy started it up with no headders on fire and lots of popping. :w00t:

Its a shame that really, although id be taking out a loan to fund the conversion anyway, i don't want to be borrowing that much, i want to keep my debt to a minimum and monthly repayments down aswell as overall loan period.

I'd have to go for a slightly more budget build to start with i think, and perhaps upgrade parts over time.

The main problem would be the actual engine mounting.. that to me is likely to be the most expensive part.

Paint job would more than likely be on the cheap, have a friend whos dad owns a car paintshop, so i should imagine id get mates rates on that...

Any ideas how i could get the costs down a bit more?

Joe, any views on which weekend i can come and meet you and your project?

Let me know,

Cheers,

Adam. :nugget:

#94 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

I Want!

:w00t:

#95 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 12 January 2006 - 03:46 PM

if you ar looking to do it on the cheap to start and upgrade as funds become available, i suggest you look at an earlier carburettor engine as you will probably get it for £500 ish.

Cheers Mark :wales:

#96 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

if you ar looking to do it on the cheap to start and upgrade as funds become available, i suggest you look at an earlier carburettor engine as you will probably get it for £500 ish.

Cheers Mark :wales:

The engine is one bit i'd rather not skimp too much on... afterall, it is the heart of the beast!

Although if its the difference between affordable conversion, and not.. then carbed it is.

I would prefere to have the injected model if funds can allow.

Adam

#97 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:35 PM

Thats a very good price for that at the minute!!

#98 welderman

welderman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

So far then it's looking like 7K to 15k. Suppose though it's to your own personal spec. Can't wait to get this thing started, think i will finnish off the electrics and try and do the pulmbing  tomorrow. It's a great feeling when your motor fires up. Remember when i built the Indy started it up with no headders on fire and lots of popping. :w00t:

Its a shame that really, although id be taking out a loan to fund the conversion anyway, i don't want to be borrowing that much, i want to keep my debt to a minimum and monthly repayments down aswell as overall loan period.

I'd have to go for a slightly more budget build to start with i think, and perhaps upgrade parts over time.

The main problem would be the actual engine mounting.. that to me is likely to be the most expensive part.

Paint job would more than likely be on the cheap, have a friend whos dad owns a car paintshop, so i should imagine id get mates rates on that...

Let me know,

Cheers,

Hope you don't think it's mine at 7k should be alot cheaper.

Very good price on the engine. Bet it goes up some, but carbed is ok. Why not give it a bit of Nos if your looking for a quick spurt.

#99 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

So far then it's looking like 7K to 15k. Suppose though it's to your own personal spec. Can't wait to get this thing started, think i will finnish off the electrics and try and do the pulmbing  tomorrow. It's a great feeling when your motor fires up. Remember when i built the Indy started it up with no headders on fire and lots of popping. :w00t:

Let me know,

Cheers,

Hope you don't think it's mine at 7k should be alot cheaper.

Very good price on the engine. Bet it goes up some, but carbed is ok. Why not give it a bit of Nos if your looking for a quick spurt.

Not a fan of NOS to be perfectly honest...

Would rather have the go sat there waiting for me :huh:

If i could build mine for a reasonable amount, then there would be one more R1 powered mini on the roads, and someone with a few quid extra in their pocket for the parts/help! :wub:

#100 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 06:50 PM

Right... I need to raise a bit of extra cash for this engine... so time to get things sold!

Will go visit the for sale section :w00t:

#101 welderman

welderman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:09 PM

I can help out mate, always helpful. :grin: .

#102 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

I can help out mate, always helpful. :grin: .

:grin:

In what way would you be willing to help squire? :cool:

#103 welderman

welderman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

Very mechanicly minded, Very good at welding, tea and coffee a speciality. Not good at lending money though. I spend it, QUICKLY.

OWT REALY

#104 Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:19 PM

Very mechanicly minded, Very good at welding, tea and coffee a speciality. Not good at lending money though. I spend it, QUICKLY.

OWT REALY

hmm... very good at welding.... i'd never have guessed :w00t: :fear:

would sir be willing, for a fee of course... and as many cups of tea/coffee as one could handle... to perhaps fabricate another one of your wonders? :huh:

IF i can work out a way of getting everything sorted.. i'm willing to take out a loan to fund it all. :wub:

#105 welderman

welderman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:41 PM

OWT REALY

hmm... very good at welding.... i'd never have guessed :w00t: :fear:

would sir be willing, for a fee of course... and as many cups of tea/coffee as one could handle... to perhaps fabricate another one of your wonders? :huh:

IF i can work out a way of getting everything sorted.. i'm willing to take out a loan to fund it all. :wub:

I am willing to help, but my car design has to be tested and proven first. Then who knows what might happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users