Photo
- - - - -

Baghdad To Bolton ( A Full Rebuild To Aid Recovery )

roundnose

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#106 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Mate..... Its better than the dogs danglies, its more like the elephants undercarriage . LOL.

Read your bit about what happened. mucho respect..........

Anyway.......... I am subscribing to this,

#107 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Local Club: S.U.N.M.C

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Mate..... Its better than the dogs danglies, its more like the elephants undercarriage . LOL.

Read your bit about what happened. mucho respect..........

Anyway.......... I am subscribing to this,

Cheers fella. Once this project is finished I have one more in the pipeline. It will be rally inspired, painted in my regimental colours (red over green ) and I will be entering as many banger rally's as possible ( Benidorm or bust, rust to Rome, Monte Carlo or bust, crumball rally etc etc ) to raise money for help the heroes.

I've served and work on the circuit with some fantastic operators and some sadly never made it home. Time for me to give something back as I'm here, home and safe! I have a lot of ideas of how the next one will be but untill this one is complete I can't start it.

Anyway thank you once again for your comments.

#108 sashafelix

sashafelix

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Local Club: Cape Town Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Amazing build. You guys are very fortunate. Is south africa finding new spares is extremely difficult. And ordering from the uk doubles the price instantly and in some cases tripple. Keep up the exellent work

Edited by sashafelix, 06 July 2013 - 09:59 PM.

#109 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Amazing build. You guys are very fortunate. Is south africa finding new spares is extremely difficult. And ordering from the uk doubles the price instantly and in some cases tripple. Keep up the exellent work

I can very well believe that fella. Sometimes it's the same for us. For example there is a 7 port head that you can buy from New York State and it works out at around £800, postage isn't bad at all at around £100 but its custom charges that hit us here. I'm not sure on how much would be added on as I don't know the system but I would have thought it would near double it so you might aswell buy one from the uk in the end!

#110 sashafelix

sashafelix

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Local Club: Cape Town Mini Owners Club

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:31 AM

I can very well believe that fella. Sometimes it's the same for us. For example there is a 7 port head that you can buy from New York State and it works out at around £800, postage isn't bad at all at around £100 but its custom charges that hit us here. I'm not sure on how much would be added on as I don't know the system but I would have thought it would near double it so you might aswell buy one from the uk in the end!

Funniest thing is the mini was manufactures here for many years but you cant find new panels anywhere lol

#111 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Funniest thing is the mini was manufactures here for many years but you cant find new panels anywhere lol

I bet there is a mini somewhere hidden away with lots of spares with it just waiting to be found!

#112 hoody99

hoody99

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

Subscribed bud your work is great and I love all the different ideas like the roof console. Keep up the great work. Started the filling yet lol

#113 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

Subscribed bud your work is great and I love all the different ideas like the roof console. Keep up the great work. Started the filling yet lol

Hey fella thanks so much for the comment. Yeah I started the task today, it really is tedious but a lot of effort at this stage will pay of when I come to spray, especially the candy which I'm not looking forward to lol.

Have you got a project on the go?

#114 hoody99

hoody99

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

Yeah working away on mine just now when I get the time lol links.are in my Sig at the bottom of my posts bud am just about at the bodywork stage 

#115 Woody6891

Woody6891

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

So much respect for you fella. 

Subscribed and looking forward to more updates. Some interesting ideas! 

#116 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yeah working away on mine just now when I get the time lol links.are in my Sig at the bottom of my posts bud am just about at the bodywork stage

I shall have a good read now mate.

#117 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

So much respect for you fella. 
Subscribed and looking forward to more updates. Some interesting ideas!

Thank you fella. Hope your liking it so far!

#118 hoody99

hoody99

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

Any more progress buddy where's the pics off all the filler lol need to see what I have to look foreword to lol

#119 Davethepioneer

Davethepioneer

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Lol sorry fella progress is slow, not been in the garage today due to being in a meeting with my psychologist.

It's a really slow progress and soooooo boring. I will get some up ASAP.

#120 hoody99

hoody99

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

Hey bud don't worry health comes first. I have just grew to hate filler as I have found so much hiding nasty bits and have a lot to put back on lol

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users