MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Local Club: Box Hill Mini Club

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

Looking good mate.

I would say, paint the boot lamp housing body colour. That would look 10 times better IMO.

are you having the studio decals back on it?

Ben

yer i think it just stands out too much otherwise. and im putting the decals on it in a couple of weeks when the paint has properly set.

#92 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:56 PM

I'd say keep the housing black like the mirrors. The arches are already body colour, too much of the same might make it look chubby and over the top in my view like messy plastic bodykits.

Look's excellent, I think the boot lamp should stay black but satan black.

i just feel it looks a bit cheap in black :/ maybe satin would match the mirrors though! ill give it a go and i can always change it later :)

#93 Badboytunes

Badboytunes

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts
  • Local Club: MINIS Unleashed

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:18 AM

That really is a nice colour !!!!

#94 danm

danm

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Local Club: Stringfellows

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:59 AM

I have chrome, but sprayed my spare bits in satin black. Looks a lot nicer, still gives it that fresh 80s vibe with the black bits, and easily interchangeable.

#95 Montytom

Montytom

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

That's a really thorough project you have done. It's been a great read.

#96 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

she lives! started her up yesterday without any issues. i think the fuel made its way down the line in its own time over the week therefore fuel was actually in the engine to be ignited :P did a little bit more work yesterday getting the lights working, put in the carpets and got the dash built up, as well as fitting a new washer pump and pipes which got broken in the strip down. Was slightly amazed at how much force was required to hammer the black plastice jets into place though! ill post pictues later.

the task for tonight after work though is to put in adjustable tie-rod bars and hammer in new longher wheel studs for the spacered wheels :)

#97 1275GT Fan

1275GT Fan

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 18 October 2014 - 11:51 AM

I really love what you have done there. What a smashing little car and great effort.

#98 Hitz_x

Hitz_x

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

well done dude, looking great so far....cant wait to see more pics : )

ps agree with your colour choices too...im gona do mine same... body coloured arches and boot thing with black metal wing mirrors : D

#99 pbeardmore

pbeardmore

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:56 PM

And yeah pat thr bonnet was great but the bodyshop ended up using the another one. Im sure i will find a use for it :)

No worries, the one on your photos looks way nicer than the one I had, you should be very proud, its a great project

#100 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:36 PM

we have MOT and its al tuned up on the rolling road too :) went straight though after the emissions were sorted out

IMAG0361_zpsq3drepq5.jpg

IMAG0365_zpswllj93zs.jpg

#101 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

so since the MOT i have found a few driving issues. The steering wasn't straight, there was a random misfire, the front wheels are rubbing on the wings and it needs to be lowered more! 

the misfire was fixed after swapping the plugs and ht leads. im so glad it wasnt something more expensive

There were also noises from the engine bay which are slightly worrying! i thought that the airfilter was knocking on the bulkhead so i fitted an adjustable top engine steady tonight to push the engine forward. 

IMAG0380_zpskghap7yf.jpg

IMAG0381_zpsoxtxoxjs.jpg

pushed the bushes in with a ball joint splitter. but it hasn't solved the knocking sound just yet :/

IMAG0382_zpsadotvx8f.jpg

it got to dark to be messing in the engine bay so i moved inside and fitted more sound deadening to the bulkhead so i dont have to listen to the fuel pump all day long.

and i installed a radio to drown out the road noise :)

ill try to fix the arch rubbing and have another stab at the knocking in the engine bay this sunday 

cheers

Elliott

#102 Ben_O

Ben_O

Mill Road Garage

• Paint Doctor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,781 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Looks great.

Congratulations on the MOT!

Enjoy it

Ben

#103 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:55 PM

so many problems getting sorted :) i added lowness and as a result the wings stated rubbing so i had to do some painful trimming :'( 

IMAG0399_zpswxpcu36w.jpg

cut it so there is about an inch of vertical travel on full lock. wish I could run the mini as low as this below

IMAG0400_zpsymakbnth.jpg

sits really nice now :) but the front arches are rubbing so I will either adjust the tie rods and move the wheels back or trim the arch lips some more

IMG_1093088227611_zpsrgbw2n1x.jpeg

cheers

Elliott

#104 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

took the mini to work yesterday and parked it next to some other British motoring history

IMAG0402_zps9j8qztrw.jpg

IMAG0403_zpsonhvwvdz.jpg

theres a couple of imperfections in the clear coat which have shown up as its dried so im taking the mini up to Northampton in the next couple of weeks to get it sorted. I think after that I shall be putting the studio 2 decals back on :) it also needs a bit of sill trim to tidy up the side of the car a bit so ill get onto that too

cheers

Elliott

#105 MrElliott

MrElliott

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:31 PM

All is going reasonably well at the moment. went to ace cafe last week and showed the mini off which was great to see some positive responses to it :)

IMAG0410_zpscxvtc6ey.jpg

still misfiring so i bought electronic ignition and a new coil

IMAG0413_zpsp4yxm2kw.jpg

fitted it within an hour which was great as i had next to no knowledge about distributors before taking mine apart. 

IMAG0417_zps3vqux2qb.jpg

the instructions on the packet of the electronic ignition module were pretty useful so it was just a case of bolt into place and run a 12v feed from the fuse box.

i have also been having some electrical issues with the flashers and radio. intermittently the radio cuts out when i try to use the flashers so i think its time for me to clean up the fuse box.

IMAG0419_zpsdftqxzzp.jpg

could these be anything to do with it? does anyone know what theses two wires are for?

cheers for reading

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: roundnose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users