95 replies to this topic

#61 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

I know of a 2 litre zetec mondeo that is available shortly for scrap money Nr Mile Oak.

Edited by mk3 Cooper S, 27 October 2014 - 10:14 PM.

#62 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts
  • Name: Clive
  • Local Club: A5 minis

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:27 AM

I know of a 2 litre zetec mondeo that is available shortly for scrap money Nr Mile Oak.

Thanks, but think I have found a rover V8 and box to drop in. Probably doesn't make much more power than a well sorted zetec but more of a 'period mod' if you know what I mean. Just need to clear some space as I drowning in spare engines and car parts.

#63 Black.Ghost

Black.Ghost

Formerly known as TneMini.

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

How is this coming along? I was heading north up the A5 today to Nuneaton and saw a nice looking black Capri coming South.

#64 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Slowly at the moment as I have had to spend time on my daily and a few jobs around the house, but still doing bits. I spent a while on the panel gap,on the wing to day as the back corner just wasn't right. After an hour looking at lines and fiddling I decided to get a bit of wood and hit it with a hammer. Perfect now.

#65 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

Ooh a capri! Love em. Rover v8 is a nice choice. auto box though? Or t5 conversion? I'd love a 280 brooklands but they fetch silly money now. But they look just sooo good!!!

#66 Bubblebobble

Bubblebobble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks, but think I have found a rover V8 and box to drop in. Probably doesn't make much more power than a well sorted zetec but more of a 'period mod' if you know what I mean. Just need to clear some space as I drowning in spare engines and car parts.

I like that , a lot of people seem to think you should have the lastest fashionable engine , rather than something with period character . Its not all about ball out driving , more the , noise , feel and nostalgia .

#67 USA-Fin

USA-Fin

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

Love those old Capris. I had one in the early 80's. It broke a timing belt and I don't recall what I did with it. may have sent it to the scrappy.

#68 One step at a time

One step at a time

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

My first car was a 1.6ls Capri. Even joined the Capri club.
Although with my lack of knowlage and my dad telling me to put a 1.3 in for cheeper insurance was a massive mistake. 😄 it topped out at 35mph and was 💩.
I ended up part-exing it for my first mini❤️ And the love continues.

#69 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   59.75K   17 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   74.57K   12 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   58.22K   12 downloads

Just a quick update. The lack of decent panels makes it a very different game to doing a mini. I have spent this afternoon making up and tacking in patches for holes in the headlamp bowl and front valance, there are three more you can't see. The wing has been cut to remove the grot and a replacement piece from a 2.8i wing has been repaired and is ready to go in. That is on top of repairs at the rear of the wing. So far it has taken about 12 hours work and needs another 4-6 I would guess. On a mini I would have just cut off the wing and dropped a heritage one on in a few hours.

#70 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

And the hole in the headlamp bowl shouldnt be there, it has come from an earth! Another patch I need to do.

#71 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:09 PM

Last few weeks have been busy (and cold) but managed to fit in some work. The welding on the front end is going slowly but getting there. I have also been playing with making an adaptor to convert to six clock dash from the existing twin clock one. I want to keep the loom 100% standard so that if I want to go back to standard it can be done easily. Nial sorted me a set of twin clocks that I could butcher and the bits of a six clock loom I needed. The connector section and part of the contact sheet were cut and the new look section attached. The wires were then sealed in hot glue and it was tested. All is working perfectly so just need to sort the ammeter and tacho leads and it's job done.

Attached File  image.jpg   65.44K   8 downloads

Also finally sourced an engine, it's a 2.0 pinto but has been gently upgraded with decent cam and a few mods. Picking it up next Monday.

#72 mingy

mingy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

I have no idea why my ipad has decided the image should be upside down.

Australian spec...

#73 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   48.18K   16 downloadsAttached File  image.jpg   38.87K   17 downloads it's been a bit slow over the last month or so, managed to get some more done on the wing and the front panel today. It's so different to working on a mini. The lack of decent panels makes simple jobs take forever. The front valance has taken over twenty hours so far but is nearly finished now. Hope to get the wing section sprayed up tomorrow and the front panel finished. Then need to let in the new leading edge of the wing - it would be so easy if I could just get a new wing!

#74 Archived4

Archived4

One Carb Or Two?

• Archived
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Haha welcome to the world of old fords. I have to make nearly every panel for my sierra. They only do arches, sills, and certain year other panels. Luckily I got my rear quarter when they were still available, but had to make a rear panel out of a nos different year one and cut up a few pieces of my donor car, weld them into the NOS panel, and weld that in my car after making other custom patches for the boot floor and spare wheel well lol. Fantastic work though, and a pinto with a lumpy cam sounds ace :)

#75 Tamworthbay

Tamworthbay

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

Had another good day today, well until I lifted the carpet on the passenger side. It has a terrible patch underneath that I was planning to investigate. Good job I did, the patch is bad but what it's over is really bad. The inner will was not attached to the floor and had been 'repaired' with filler and bubble wrap. I have seen some crap,in my time but bubble wrap is a new one. It's not the end of the world but will add another couple of weekends at least as its a complex area to fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users