#16 cal844

cal844

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,486 posts
  • Local Club: TFMOC

Posted 03 March 2022 - 04:46 PM

What you can do is use a jubilee clamp around the rubber to lift the exhaust closer to the shell

#17 Luke Denver

Luke Denver

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 07:47 PM

As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with those mounting points, they're the ones used on late subframes surely? As seen welded in the middle of these post 91 frames

http://www.minispare...|Back to search

http://www.minispare...12.aspx|Back to

Rubber mounts used

http://www.minispare...11.aspx|Back to

Some of the RC40 exhausts have corresponding lugs fitted to it for these hangers, mine certainly has, but some don't. When I fitted my RC40 to the spi the rubber hangers worked fine but I chose to use the RC40 fitting kit as the late rubber mounts mean the exhaust sits lower and catches all our local speed bumps.

Think I’ll just use the rc40 fitting kit to save any hassle it’s only 8 quid so no biggie is it fairly easy to install think I’ll try a jubilee to try and make it look better as people have mentioned

#18 Luke Denver

Luke Denver

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 07:56 PM

Can you use the hanger conversion brackets :-

C-ARA670 front of rear subframe

C-ARA671 rear of rear subframe

hi mate im not too sure this is the exhaust do you think that will work 

Attached Files

#19 humph

humph

How bad can it Be?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 04 March 2022 - 10:45 PM

Those conversion brackets are bolt on versions of the brackets already welded to yours, they're for converting older subframes to rubber mounts.  As far as I can tell your subframe has legit factory brackets.

#20 Luke Denver

Luke Denver

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 March 2022 - 07:59 PM

Those conversion brackets are bolt on versions of the brackets already welded to yours, they're for converting older subframes to rubber mounts. As far as I can tell your subframe has legit factory brackets.
It’s really strange because the rc40 has the arms on it to go into my rubber hangers but is so far off fitting the one on the back

#21 mad4classics

mad4classics

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 17 March 2022 - 12:14 PM

Hi, sorry didn't realise you had the later subframe....

Don't know if it's my imagination but the position of the rear hanger in the picture you posted seems rather too far to the nearside! I know I've got the conversion brackets fitted that I posted a link to before (sorry again - late getting back to this), but I can't imagine the position of the hanger should be radically different between the late subframe and the early subframe with conversion bracket or the exhaust won't fit both in both situations!

The late subframe brackets are available to repair the mounts - has someone welded one on as a repair? Is this where it doesn't fit because the hanger is wrongly positioned - just guessing here!

I've reposted you're early picture for comparison of where mine sits.

Attached Files

Edited by mad4classics, 17 March 2022 - 12:36 PM.

#22 Johnmar

Johnmar

Mini Mad

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 March 2022 - 01:29 PM

Hi, sorry didn't realise you had the later subframe....

Don't know if it's my imagination but the position of the rear hanger in the picture you posted seems rather too far to the nearside! I know I've got the conversion brackets fitted that I posted a link to before (sorry again - late getting back to this), but I can't imagine the position of the hanger should be radically different between the late subframe and the early subframe with conversion bracket or the exhaust won't fit both in both situations!

The late subframe brackets are available to repair the mounts - has someone welded one on as a repair? Is this where it doesn't fit because the hanger is wrongly positioned - just guessing here!

I've reposted you're early picture for comparison of where mine sits.

I've always had the same issue (RC40 mated to the cat hanigng on a genuine Rover rear subframe). The whole rearbox located itself to much to thevRH side (looking from the back). What I did was to just shove the hanger of the rearbox further in the lowest hole of the exhaust rubber, moving the rear box to the left. When I was happy with its fitment and alignment with the curvature cutout of the rear valance, I secured this position of the hanger in relation to the rubber by twisting some galvanised wire around the hanger on the lefthand side just next to the rubber. It worked a threat as it prevented the rearbox to shift back to its original position on the rubber.
When I have to do this again after completing the restoration of Mindy, I'll just shove a washer over the hanger from the left, next to the rubber and secure it with a small well. That way the washer prevents the hanger to mover to the right after the alignment..

Hope this helps.. 

#23 coopertaz

coopertaz

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • Local Club: a-series-magpies

Posted 17 March 2022 - 04:24 PM

rear hanger looks far too long. original one on gf's 92 is only about 15mm off subframe. had same problem with exhaust moving back to centre of car though , put small jubilee on hanger to stop it. also what is the bolt next to it?

Edited by coopertaz, 17 March 2022 - 04:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users