#646 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts
  • Local Club: 16vMini club

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:25 PM

Absolutely awesome Chris! was waiting for the dyno run..... ;)

What a wicked result! 188 with 135 torque, thats type-r territory mate, not sure whats thats gonna be like with your gearbox and 12" wheels, you might find yourself changing up quite quick.....whilst torque steering about! :thumbsup:

I'm well pleased, hard work payed off!

#647 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

cheers guys. Yes it's gonna be fun. Pray for a good MOT ;) Come on Paul get out there and get cracking. The nice weather is coming for you to go out and play in the mini. Get it fiished :thumbsup:

Thought I'd finish a few things off for it. The filter finally came through so for now just banged it in the original place as it fits. Will get a decent alloy pipe set up going another time

Posted Image

Also got on with the door cards. A few things to do with them extra but they look nice enough for now

Posted Image

#648 arnie

arnie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:12 PM

wow. loving this. well done. good luck with the mot.

arnie.

#649 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:31 PM

After the MOT (good luck for that by the way) make sure you get a vid of that exhaust!

Want to hear that end can on full chat, on a private road of course :thumbsup:

#650 Spenner

Spenner

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • Local Club: Blakehill mini's

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Its not that quick i raced Mr monkey on the way to the mot and kicked his arse!!!!!!!!!!! :(

#651 arnie

arnie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

did it pass then.

#652 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

Well I don't know about that mr Spenner. I was going so quick I had sparks coming from under my car. Or is that just a sign that my exhaust is too low :( Might have to look into that. Yes she passed. Have had to do a few things today. Found a little hole at the rear of the sill that sneaked in so have welded that up and changed a lower swivel joint. Only Thing is that whilst doing that I found an inner boot split. It's just one thing after another. Wanted to get her taxed but can't find my V5 at the mo so the house is getting turned upside down tonight to find it.
Only real problem with the first drive was the idle. I need to wait till Monday to call OMEX but the idle is a nightmare. It's hunting real bad to the point it's cutting out at junctions. I have to get that sorted as it's well dangerous trying to brake for a turn and trying to keep the revs up so the engine don't die. But I will get it sorted and all will be good. Apart from that it was great getting behind the wheel again if not very briefly.

#653 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

Good news (sort of) on the MOT then, at least you know what to sort out

Hmmmm, hunting for idle........sounds like the old classic coolant woes?

#654 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

Not too sure about it mate. Will know more when I call OMEX. It does it hot or cold engine. The pipes going into the idle valve are hot so it's getting the coolant. The intake noise is very loud when it's doing it's attempt at idle. Very sucky :) Had a drive today. Yes VTEC is defo kicking in yo! When I sort out the idle I will pop back tot he rolling road and get them to adjust a few flat spots. Also the vtec seams a bit jerky when on. Almost like it turns back of briefly. Might be oil level or something so will have a look when I get more time. Will be changing the exhaust again I think as that bike can is way too loud. It's louder than the last box. Fine around town but when you get up to motorway speeds it'll make your ears bleed. So much for that resonator thing I put in. Might have to adjust the speedo too as it was reading a bit off. I know the car is fast but when the clock says 160 mph I think it's not quite right :)

#655 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 10:39 PM

The intake noise is very loud when it's doing it's attempt at idle. Very sucky :)

I had this whilst at the 'ring last year, you could hear it was louder and sucking in more air than usual, turned out the blanking plate (for my IACV) wasn't sealed up properly, quick bit of tigerseal and all was fine again

I know your using OMEX so the above is useless for you but people with DTA tend to ditch the IACV as it with causes more problems than solutions.....

#656 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:24 PM

I've been told it might be possible to replace the IACV with an idle screw? Not looked into it yet as I have other problems at home I'm trying to sort but if anyone knows what I could do that would be great. What do the DTA guys do instead of using the IACV??

#657 Kam

Kam

Straight to the Point

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

Your asking me? You should know better than that by now! I speak for the "DTA guys" but have absolutely no idea of how it works! :D All I know is the DTA system doesn't use it, even some of the honda guys want rid of it!

Post this up on 16v

#658 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ok so I've been out for a drive and finally got a video for you guys. Only hand held as I'm in the process of getting a fixed one on the roll bar. Car is driving real nice with no overheating problems what so ever :teehee: the VTEC is working but not as well as I'd hoped. Might just be a little low on oil or I might change out the solenoid for a different one as it comes on but not lifting the profile all the way. It did do it now and again and when it did :thumbsup: :) :D :D :D :D so will look into that.

Still in talks with OMEX as to what the idle problem is. I need to get a screen shot of the idle settings for them so will try it after the drive today. The exhaust might be ok as I thought it was too loud but that's really only a problem at set revs when it resonates quite a bit. But am taking the lady out in it today to see how she gets on with it and if she can live with it for long drives then the bike can is staying :w00t: Exhaust is too low so need to get that sorted before going on the riv run as I'll rip it off :xxx: Am causing sparks so defo needs looking at.

Here's a quick video we put together yesterday. It's strange as it looks a bit slower than when your in the car. Might just be lack of reference of speed but you get the idea. I did some drive pasts so you could hear the bike can in case I remove it :sneaky:

Drive

#659 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 10 April 2011 - 04:39 AM

After seeing that video ive decided i need one of these

#660 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey