3 replies to this topic

#1 TehMarchant

TehMarchant

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Planning on fitting a sump guard that I got for 99p on ebay and a oil cooler, I was just wondering if I got a water temperature gauge with numbers would it be okay to read oil temperature if I used a normal water temp sender in the gear box?

Cheers

#2 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

Planning on fitting a sump guard that I got for 99p on ebay and a oil cooler, I was just wondering if I got a water temperature gauge with numbers would it be okay to read oil temperature if I used a normal water temp sender in the gear box?

Cheers

Can't see why it wouldn't work. Oil temp will be higher than water temp though

#3 TehMarchant

TehMarchant

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:11 PM

Cheers

I realized this would be the case, that's why I thought I would be better of getting a numbers one as they seem to have a higher reading. Proper oil gauges seem a little expensive.

Cheers

#4 Dusky

Dusky

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

Cheers

I realized this would be the case, that's why I thought I would be better of getting a numbers one as they seem to have a higher reading. Proper oil gauges seem a little expensive.

Cheers

Amazon servers me well when buying gauges :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users