19 replies to this topic

#16 jessieharlin87

jessieharlin87

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

They said that the coil pack is new :s I know I paid for a new one last year, but they said they have replaced it in the last few weeks incase it was that :( thank you though :) 

#17 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:43 PM

cam sensor is one git of a problem and will cause intermittent issues 

#18 Itsaminithing

Itsaminithing

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • Local Club: Not One Worth Mentioning

Posted 24 March 2016 - 07:28 PM

It's going to Wiltshire!

I would have thought Bristol Mini & Cooper Club would have recommended someone more local, on the upside i've heard of Somerford.... OK i'm joking -everyone whose seriously into their Minis have heard of Somerfords. They WILL fix it.

Also on the plus side: intermittent wiring problems can be a real so&so to locate, if it's now a consistent problem it's easy to find (lets hope this is still the original problem & not a new one your local garage has caused).

From the info i have available to me Pin 25 on the ECU red connector is Crankshaft Position Sensor & Pin 25 on the Black connector is Ignition Coil Pack signal. Chances are it's a fault with a wire or connector as all the components (& everything under the sun) has been changed -but whatever it is you'll soon have the Mini back & working properly :-).

#19 MRA

MRA

Previously known as 'mra-minis.co.uk'.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,607 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:28 AM

It's going to Wiltshire!

I would have thought Bristol Mini & Cooper Club would have recommended someone more local, on the upside i've heard of Somerford.... OK i'm joking -everyone whose seriously into their Minis have heard of Somerfords. They WILL fix it.

Also on the plus side: intermittent wiring problems can be a real so&so to locate, if it's now a consistent problem it's easy to find (lets hope this is still the original problem & not a new one your local garage has caused).

From the info i have available to me Pin 25 on the ECU red connector is Crankshaft Position Sensor & Pin 25 on the Black connector is Ignition Coil Pack signal. Chances are it's a fault with a wire or connector as all the components (& everything under the sun) has been changed -but whatever it is you'll soon have the Mini back & working properly :-).

Good info, I would like your comment but have run out of likes yet again.....

#20 AlexMozza

AlexMozza

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts
  • Local Club: Not Yet

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:58 AM

We use a company called oakwood recovery. They are reasonably priced, based in Corsham, Wilts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: electrical, engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users