So after a week of being layed up poorly sick.I managed to start working on re-covering the seats.
This is what i had to start with
Having never done this before I just took it very slow ad took loads of photos. First thing i tackled was trying to get the headrest off, I thought i might just pull right up and out but something was obviously stopping it.
This was as far as i got before i decided to start elsewhere.
Then i found what was stopping the headrest coming out
The bottom cover came off just as easily, just a matter of undoing the various clips.
Next went back to the now seperated headrest and started picking out the staples. This enabled the main support bar to be slid out and the foam could then be compressed to release the cover.
Which left this little lot
Result of the day ...............................
That's 20p off the build costs.
So at the end of the day i'm left with this to de-mould and clean up as best i can.
Also gave the seat anchors a good scrub and many coats of paint.
Edited by nicnoo, 22 January 2021 - 08:01 PM.