I have now fitted the sill/arch trims
And continued the repairs to the tailboard.
You may remember that I replaced the bottom section of the tailboard some time ago to solve a rust issue. The centre of the panel where it's set back was quite badly distorted and removing the bottom section to replace it didn't relieve the stretch from it and being double skinned, I had to settle for shrinking the panel and using pins to straighten it out.
I got it as far as I could and then finished it up by skimming the whole skin with body filler.
And then 3 coats of high build
Once that was cured, I blocked it and then applied the black surfacer. Once that was cured, I blocked that back and we have the finished repair
And then I sealed up the seams
Once dry, I masked up and applied Raptor to the inside. I figured that it would offer protection from scrapes when loading/unloading the truck and also tie in nicely with the load bed floor
Then once dry, it was ready for top coat
I also gathered up the last few items requiring top coat and prepped/etched those
And of course topcoated them