673 replies to this topic

#61 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

Erm £400 to buy and probably spent £5-600 on shiny things mainly lol. And he's a HE!! All my cars are boys :D

Yes there is a dent in the boot :proud: It was bigger when we got it, dad bashed it out a bit :P

The guy said his son (for whom he'd bought it to learn to drive in) reversed it into a wall :P

Lucky, mine cost more than all that to buy! Then again I haven't had to put wheels and a grille, or eyelashes on HIM :D

At least your indicators aren't failing on you every month anyway :D if I call my car a 'she' mine and yours could be twin brother and sister :ermm: lol

EDIT maybe not twin because they're actually totally different :/

Edited by yorkshirechris, 31 July 2007 - 07:45 PM.

#62 backstreetclassics

backstreetclassics

Previously known as minidan07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
  • Local Club: essex mini club

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:45 PM

looks very nice with matching seats
:proud:

#63 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,140 posts
  • Local Club: TMF South Central

Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:50 PM

Had to have a bit of a tot up of the expenses... just under £500 is what I've spent on bits, I think :proud:

#64 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts
  • Local Club: EMC/No pub mini club

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

Keep up the good work,Looks smart :proud:

Change the front and rear screen trim next it will make such a difference for not alot of cash :P

#65 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:42 PM

Won't that involve taking out the front and rear screen though? :proud:

I could paint it....

#66 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:56 PM

Nope, just pull the old trim out, obviously after your bough the new stuff, if you wish squirt some sealant around the screen to make sure it doesn’t leak and using the special tool ( :proud: )and a bit of lubrication feed in the new strip.

#67 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

Just replace the chrome trim that sits in the rubber,I may be able to do it for u if i go to the ace on thurs

#68 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:04 PM

I think I'm driving there but I won't have the part and I still don't quite get what's involved :P And Kel you make it sound much sinpler than Karl did... I'm tempted to try and avoid a quick job if Karl's way is better :P

If someone could do it for me it'd be great but there's no way I could get the parts by Thursday and I don't know what exactly it is or how much it costs :ermm:

OOOOH If anyone's got chrome wipers they'd like to sell me cheap and fit to the mini at Ace that'd be good :proud: lol

Edited by minili, 31 July 2007 - 09:08 PM.

#69 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

I think I'm driving there but I won't have the part and I still don't quite get what's involved :P

If someone could do it for me it'd be great but there's no way I could get the parts by Thursday and I don't know what exactly it is or how much it costs :P

If you look at the windscreen rubber that surrounds your windscreen and rear windscreen

There's a chrome inset strip.

That can be easily removed on its own and replaced with a newer shiny one :proud:

#70 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:07 PM

The chrome filler strip for the screen rubbers cost about a tenner a roll, one for each screen. There not that hard to do providing you have the correct tool and use plenty of soapy water in a spray bottle to help it slide in.

Might also have some of my old chrome wipers kicking around from the old days.

Edited by 1984mini25, 31 July 2007 - 09:08 PM.

#71 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

I have plenty of chome filler strips,new of course,and the tool,Just not sure if going to the ace, 90% though

#72 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:12 PM

The chrome filler strip for the screen rubbers cost about a tenner a roll, one for each screen. There not that hard to do providing you have the correct tool and use plenty of soapy water in a spray bottle to help it slide in.

Might also have some of my old chrome wipers kicking around from the old days.

I don't have a tool :P And I'd want to have it done properly, if I did it, it'd be a bodge job, I'm not very good at things :P

And I still can't get it by Thursday - and I can't find it on Minispares either. :proud:

Karl I could (could I) come to Milton Keynes some time for a hand with some wee jobs? I'd be a keen helper, if I won't be in the way, happy to get my hands dirty

Edited by minili, 31 July 2007 - 09:13 PM.

#73 minili

minili

Awesome and Flattering

• Members
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

I have plenty of chome filler strips,new of course,and the tool,Just not sure if going to the ace, 90% though

Oh right well if you're sure you could do it then I suppose so, thanks :ermm: ... as long as it can be done before it gets dark because I can't drive home with no trim :P lol

Edit: Why do you have loads? Lol. I'm also not 100% if I'm driving, Jimmy might damage me if I don't though :P

Thing is the guys I go with drive fast and I don't speed :proud:

Edited by minili, 31 July 2007 - 09:14 PM.

#74 mini_kel

mini_kel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,851 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:15 PM

I`ll let u know tomorrow if i`m going or not,Only takes about 10 mins to fit :proud:

#75 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

I don't have a tool :ermm: And I'd want to have it done properly, if I did it, it'd be a bodge job, I'm not very good at things :P

And I still can't get it by Thursday - and I can't find it on Minispares either. :P

Karl I could (could I) come to Milton Keynes some time for a hand with some wee jobs? I'd be a keen helper, if I won't be in the way, happy to get my hands dirty

No probs, pop over when you like and I’ll be happy to help. :proud:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users