#61 itscomealongway

itscomealongway

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Local Club: don't like people

Posted 04 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

looks great, i only wish i had the skills and money to do that to mine, but as my dad says, well i think it was him (you are never too old to learn), keep up the good work.

#62 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:09 PM

looks great, i only wish i had the skills and money to do that to mine, but as my dad says, well i think it was him (you are never too old to learn), keep up the good work.

Well I've never done any bodywork or welding before so it's a big learning curve. But hey, if it's needs doing and you want to learn just go for it see what happens. As with the money i kinda don't have that, just mudling through and I haven't been on holiday in ages it all goes to the car. oops.

#63 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

have u any rubbing problems with your starmags,, i have the 7 x 13 ones and they rub on the inner arch on full lock....

#64 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:08 PM

have u any rubbing problems with your starmags,, i have the 7 x 13 ones and they rub on the inner arch on full lock....

They aren't on the car yet as it's still stripped so don't know but they are 12x6 superstars. Don't think they'll rub.

#65 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 04:01 PM

here's the start of taking out all the stuff in the back. Used up my last cutting disc so had to stop for now. Quite suprised how strong the bins are to cut through. Oh and the bitumen soundproofing stuff really does stink when you get a grinder on it :-

Posted Image

#66 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 07:54 PM

Here we go, both bins out and the seat base gone. get to see how bad that tin worm is now. Don't look nice but not too bad. Time to get the old welder out again. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#67 THedooBZ

THedooBZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:08 PM

howeasy was it to cut the rear bench out???? im looking at doing the same so i can fit a custom subbox under the rear seats.....

Edited by THedooBZ, 07 January 2008 - 08:09 PM.

#68 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

howeasy was it to cut the rear bench out???? im looking at doing the same so i can fit a custom subbox under the rear seats.....

the bench was easy, it's the bins that are more tricky. Quite suprised at the weight of the bench with all the sound proofing on it. Good weight saving thing this :withstupid:

#69 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

whats next ?

a bit of welding on the inner sill

#70 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:21 PM

whats next ?

a bit of welding on the inner sill

Can you tell it needs it? :D yeah gonna get a mate to do it as my welding is still not great and want a really good job as the roll cage will be bolting through this area.

#71 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

God I want my car done. The jet black bloody broke down on me tonight :goaway: Just finished a twelve hour shift and was on the way back and it spluttered to a stop. Couldn't get it going again. Called the missus to bring me some stuff but called the AA too as I didn't want to be waiting for hours if i couldn't get it going. They said they were busy so might be about an hour and a half. But as the missus pulled up so did they. Magic. Only prob was i felt bad then as I got it going just before they came round the corner. Grrrrr dam weather flooded the thing. Lots of WD and got the weather shield back on so tomorrow better be good. bleet over with. Thanks for listening :D

#72 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

God I want my car done. The jet black bloody broke down on me tonight :withstupid: Just finished a twelve hour shift and was on the way back and it spluttered to a stop. Couldn't get it going again. Called the missus to bring me some stuff but called the AA too as I didn't want to be waiting for hours if i couldn't get it going. They said they were busy so might be about an hour and a half. But as the missus pulled up so did they. Magic. Only prob was i felt bad then as I got it going just before they came round the corner. Grrrrr dam weather flooded the thing. Lots of WD and got the weather shield back on so tomorrow better be good. bleet over with. Thanks for listening :D

LOL, I dunno what you like, i lend you my car and you brake it. hehe :-

Any consolation its peeing it down here to, and people call this a desert. :goaway:

#73 ginger_monkey

ginger_monkey

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Oh rain and sand. Lovely combo. Well I had a play today. Got the front of the jet black in the back of tool stores and opened it up. Gave the dizzy a clean and some px7 (vasaline) around the cap then gave it the green glove treatment. Also put px7 on the coil connections. Had a play with the choke so it doesn't come out so far too. Neil your gonna have hours of fun working on this little baby when you get back. I'm gonna put in my hazard relay as yours has destroyed itself with rust. Oh and there is a lake in the footwell so will try and find it but needs a dam good drying out. Hope your haveing fun over there :crazy:

#74 silverback

silverback

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

Love the project, Would you be REME perchance.

#75 BoboGib

BoboGib

RoboGimp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:49 PM

Oh rain and sand. Lovely combo. Well I had a play today. Got the front of the jet black in the back of tool stores and opened it up. Gave the dizzy a clean and some px7 (vasaline) around the cap then gave it the green glove treatment. Also put px7 on the coil connections. Had a play with the choke so it doesn't come out so far too. Neil your gonna have hours of fun working on this little baby when you get back. I'm gonna put in my hazard relay as yours has destroyed itself with rust. Oh and there is a lake in the footwell so will try and find it but needs a dam good drying out. Hope your haveing fun over there :D

Yeah i'm having great fun, its quite quiet at the mo. As for the lake i think the door seals are past it. Finally been given my garage so i gan get it drying out, i'll have to borrow some silica gel from the engine bay.

Cheers for sorting the few little probs out for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users