#16 GuamMini

GuamMini

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Local Club: Guam Classics

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:23 AM

I had the same issue and I fiddled with carb settings only to find out that there was an issue with the ignition side of the system. I ahd replaced the plugs numerous times but ended up the same. It was the points, condenser, cap, rotor and leads that I replaced with an electronic set-up and then adjusted the carb mixture and she runs like a champ.

#17 Rorf

Rorf

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:39 AM

To check if oil or fuel on plugs after running - remove plugs and smell them.

#18 lxondecks

lxondecks

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Guys thanks for your replies. Some good pointers and things for me to check. The timing was checked out a few months ago and said to be fine, but I have never changed anything on the ignition side, other than leads and plugs since I've had it running.
Im away for a few days now but will check a few things when I get back and let you know how I get on.
Thanks again.

#19 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,884 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:52 PM

Worn stem seals really show up on first start of the day, normally a good puff of BLUE smoke which then clears.

For me I would be whipping this down to a rolling road to get things set up correctly rather than trying multiple things. Something that does get mentioned is plugs and the right type for then engine as they have different ratings.

Some foul other don’t. Never been into the theory behind this but I’m sure someone more knowledgeable can shed some light on this.

#20 lxondecks

lxondecks

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:16 PM

Been away for a while, went for a quick drive and checked the plugs again, the ends seem sooty but not wet, but there is wet oil/ fuel on the thread of the plug. It smells of fuel but can't really be sure. The reason I say, is because I use the Halfords classic oil which is green in colour. And the wetness on the plug does appear a little greenish. Anyway I've got myself booked in for a tune on rolling road next week. So we will see what we find.

#21 nicklouse

nicklouse

Moved Into The Garage

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,900 posts
  • Local Club: Anonyme Miniholiker

Posted 04 August 2018 - 12:27 AM

what is the fuel set up`?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users