Minimoke8394 - Thanks, feels like a big step too !
Will_ - Thanks for the comment, as for welding practise makes perfect, just have a crack at it !
We got a load done today, pretty much finished the drivers side, I'll let the pictures talk !
Chopped out the rot from the arch -
Made a peice and welded that in -
View from the back -
Then the bracing came out -
Drilled the holes in the closing plate ready for plug welding -
Welded that in and trimmed the arch repair back to suit -
And then we fitted the inner sill stifferner -
Drilled the holes in the companion bin ready for plug welding and sprayed with Zinc primer -
Welded that in, will need some trimming back around the door step -
And then chopped out the rear quarter ready for the repair -
Applied top coat to places I can't reach when this repair goes in -
Held in place with inter grips -
Tacked in place, making sure to let the panel cool as we didn't want distortion -
Welded in fully and ground down -
Primer applied -
View from inside the companion bin (still needs the closing plate on the back welding in) -
Overall look -
Good speedy progress today, had some sunshine for a change so that made a huge difference. Looks like the rear quarter repair is off in the picture but it's not, I've made accurate measurements from two different minis and there the same, also I don't think the heelboards to blame either as again I took accurate measurements and have dry fitted the subframe a couple of times with no problems, I measured and re-measured and both sides matched up and was plumb straight so I think it's got something to do with the pattern floor I bought, but then again it lines up perfectly with the door step, which again is dead straight !
What a mouthful, but at the end of the day its 1000 times better than it was and won't be as noticeable when the outer sill goes on !
Anyway I've not got much left to do with this side now so will finish that and then start the other side within the next couple of weeks
Edited by big-jay, 27 June 2014 - 10:36 AM.